Thursday, February 08, 2007

May I Offer You Some Links?

I've been cleaning up my bookmarks, which consists mostly of corralling (sp?) all the things I bookmarked recently into categorized bookmark folders, where I will never look at them again. I do periodically go through the "shopping" folder and delete all the things I'm never going to buy and no longer want, but does that stop me from buying stuff on impulse, realizing that if you wait long enough you won't want the thing? No.

But I digress. I thought I might share a few of my finds with you, my readers:

If you are a parental type (approximately half my readers, I believe, are) you will definitely find an aha! tip at Parenthacks, "a collaborative weblog of practical parenting wisdom." I myself cannot wait to try the easy cheese "crackers" for my poor carb-deprived boy.

Speaking of snacks, I love Larabars. Unfortunately, they cost a gajillion dollars apiece, and I like to spend my money on impulsive online shopping. Fortunately, I found this helpful recipe at Bunnyfoot so I can try making my own. Then I will inflict them on my children, who have been spared Larabars recently for the cheaper and less natural South Beach and Kashi bars on the market.

I recently referenced Songfacts in Ergo's comments. If there's anything in which I am an expert, it is wasting time online. So believe me when I tell you that if you like music at all, and whether or not you like Pina Coladas, Songfacts is an excellent place to lose hours of your life.

I have another nasty habit. I like to play Shanghai. We were apart for many years, Shanghai and I: ever since my Powerbook gave up the ghost. But now we are together again, and it reminds me of when Dave Foley blew the SATs for a high score on Stargate Defender for the second time on NewsRadio: "It's been a long time, Stargate Defender."

That's all for today. If you're good, I'll give you more links tomorrow.

No comments: